Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
#1390655 - 03/30/04 12:40 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ArgonV:
Why only a game? Who said this sim had to represent the entire war? And every aspect of it? As long as it represents the men and machines of the time period that it takes place in properly to the fullest realism possible it is a sim. \:D
RB set the standard. WW1 is not like WW2, which can be broken down into segments.

......But then you already knew that, didn't you?

Oh, and thanks to you, it WILL be a game. How do I know? Because I'll be stuck flying an Albatros, instead of a Pfalz D8 or Fokker D6, or SSW D3.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1390656 - 03/30/04 06:10 PM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

And the whining still continues.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1390657 - 03/30/04 06:48 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironhand:
And this surprises you. . . how? ;\)

#1390658 - 03/30/04 07:52 PM Re: Relax .....  
LORD BYRON Offline
LORD BYRON  Offline

Medfield MA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by VonHelton:
RB set the standard. WW1 is not like WW2, which can be broken down into segments.

Oh, and thanks to you, it WILL be a game. How do I know? Because I'll be stuck flying an Albatros, instead of a Pfalz D8 or Fokker D6, or SSW D3. [/QB]
James, I've got to admit, you are one fiery guy.

The WW1 air war over the Western Front can certinly be broken into component campaigns. The Germans will have local numerical superiority in the air in certain one, and the Allies in others.

I cannot blame Aspect for focusing their obviously limited assets upon doing the best possible job. If that means limiting the time period, then I'm OK with that. I'd rather have a refined and finished 1917-1918 product with 15 planes than a crappy bug-laden 1915-1918 product with 100 plane models. If KOE sells well, add-on modules with the exotic a/c will undoubtedly follow.

LB

#1390659 - 03/30/04 08:12 PM Re: Relax .....  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by LORD BYRON:

The WW1 air war over the Western Front can certinly be broken into component campaigns. The Germans will have local numerical superiority in the air in certain one, and the Allies in others.

I cannot blame Aspect for focusing their obviously limited assets upon doing the best possible job. If that means limiting the time period, then I'm OK with that. I'd rather have a refined and finished 1917-1918 product with 15 planes than a crappy bug-laden 1915-1918 product with 100 plane models. If KOE sells well, add-on modules with the exotic a/c will undoubtedly follow.

LB
See VonHelotn, FlyXwire, and myself are not the only ones who think such! :rolleyes: Now stop your whining... ;\)

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#1390660 - 03/30/04 10:54 PM Re: Relax .....  
Goodwood Offline
Bit of a chowderhead
Goodwood  Offline
Bit of a chowderhead
Veteran

Detroit - in the Danger Zone!
I think its funny how you lot are already whining and flaming (you know who you are) about a sim that has not even been through beta-testing yet, and that we know virtually nothing about!

And I thot the Luftwhiners in IL-2/FB needed to get lives... :rolleyes:

LukeFF: Oleg got rid of his moustache! eek

akdavis: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
#1390661 - 03/30/04 10:54 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LORD BYRON:

LB
Let's just say I know things that were not made public, and let it go at that.

This was a clash between 2 ideals, and the idiots won.

#1390662 - 03/30/04 10:56 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ArgonV:
See VonHelton, FlyXwire, and myself are not the only ones who think such! :rolleyes: Now stop your whining... ;\)
How many planes are in SDOE-WW1 again?

#1390663 - 03/30/04 11:00 PM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Droops:
Quote:
And this surprises you. . . how? ;\)
It doesn't \:D

And it still continues with....

By VH..

Let's just say I know things that were not made public, and let it go at that.

This was a clash between 2 ideals, and the idiots won.

Deep Throat anyone? Lenoard and Bernstein, where are you ?

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1390664 - 03/30/04 11:03 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Gloating over your victory, Ironhand?

.....Sounds like it to me.

#1390665 - 03/30/04 11:05 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodwood:
Luminous beings are we Luke....Not this crude matter.
This was said by Master Yoda, not Annakin Skywalker.

#1390666 - 03/30/04 11:58 PM Re: Relax .....  
Tolwyn Offline
Tolwyn  Offline

WA, United States
I just hope they model the sidewinder missles on these things.

Oh, and fneb.

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. \:\)
#1390667 - 03/31/04 12:15 AM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolwyn:
I just hope they model the sidewinder missles on these things.

Oh, and fneb.
Which sidewinder though?

#1390668 - 03/31/04 12:16 AM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by VonHelton:
Quote:
Gloating over your victory, Ironhand?

.....Sounds like it to me.
fneb in spades.

#1390669 - 03/31/04 02:21 AM Re: Relax .....  
Neal Offline
Neal  Offline

A big hello to all the names I haven't seen in at least a couple years now! LB, Droops, ... S! Come visit the WW forum sometime... http://www.wingwalkers.org to get to the homepage.

I'd wondered how deep KOE went underground when I saw the site hadn't been updated in so long. Good to see it's still underway.

James, dammit, JUST HOW MANY SIMS HAVE YOU FIXED PROBLEMS FOR?

Guess what? There isn't only one way to make these things and I can tell you the tools have improved since RB2/RB3D. With proper planning you can have totally interchangeable modules of different sizes and capabilities. How many models can be allowed in the same mission may be a real consideration in practical terms but there's no need to think that it would be terribly hard to add planes after the sim is released. With foresight it's not such a big deal at all. Planes can be data but they can also have coded behaviour not in the original release through use of DLL's and hooks in the data modules. Worked that way, Zeppelins and even unique working ground objects should be entirely possible if desired. A code engine designed around flexibility will accomodate more changes than neccessary, so quitcher bloodclot whining!

Damn! Dude, you ARE capable of better! I know it!

KOE will be what they make it. It is THEIR project, not yours or anyone elses. So knock off the business about if you meet anyone you blame should the sim not meet your expectations. IT WON'T! Nothing can, plain and simple. If you want something done "right".... who has to do it?

Neal

#1390670 - 03/31/04 02:28 AM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to see you Neal. If you fly in FiF I'll see you there. S!

Droops

#1390671 - 03/31/04 11:44 AM Re: Relax .....  
Neal Offline
Neal  Offline

COMPLETELY OT:

Well Droops, I can't PM you or send email.

Simple to say I was flying FB and barely do that much at all. The docs have me trying a bunch of pills to stave off having more surgery and the stuff really messes with me. Try drinking a gallon or so of water a day and see how long you can avoid the bathroom as well. :rolleyes: But I'll know how it's working in less than 2 weeks, still don't expect to be taking less of these unless it's working too well which ain't really possible given over 1.5 cm of current stone as of the last CT scan I saw 6 months ago.

That's life but I can still hope, hey? Regardless, I can still get in and fly around occasionally for the feel. Don't have the attention span for serious combat nor the ability to stay on long enough to get and maintain any real edge, or at least not what I consider one. Never a mudhen but then it's a long way from mudhen to hawk let alone eagle!

I saw your profile... are you in the private sector now? You still in the same home situation? How's it going and what's your view of the national debt situation?

Oh, you can write me at maxgunz@hotmail.com at least for starts. That addy I'll post!

Neal

#1390672 - 03/31/04 03:29 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal:
James, dammit, JUST HOW MANY SIMS HAVE YOU FIXED PROBLEMS FOR?

Neal
Too many to list, if you count FPS games & SIM CITY type games.

But that's neither here nor there if the core game engine is set up to only run from late 1917 to the end of hostilities.

Fixing problems & doing mods is one thing, resetting a game engine is quite another.

#1390673 - 03/31/04 07:01 PM Re: Relax .....  
Uther Offline
Aviation Coordinator
Uther  Offline
Aviation Coordinator
Hotshot

Upstate NY
There has been complaints about some of the language in this topic there is some things a few a of you need to remember.

No one here has a problem with anyone arguing their viewpoints. However, the threats and bashing each other is going to stop.

If it does not stop the offending members will be dealt with.

#1390674 - 03/31/04 09:57 PM Re: Relax .....  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
I sincerely thank you!

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.