Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1389780 - 12/12/03 08:21 PM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
VonH, you have made your point, enough. It is just getting silly now.

I really don't want to close what are the only 3 active threads in this section.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1389781 - 12/12/03 09:33 PM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SimHQ Tom Cofield:
VonH, you have made your point, enough. It is just getting silly now.

I really don't want to close what are the only 3 active threads in this section.
I'm outnumbered 50 to 1, and you're yelling at me???????

.......o..........k............

#1389782 - 12/12/03 09:40 PM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  
Wklink Offline
Wklink  Offline
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
Noooo

I am saying you have made your point. Ramming a stick into the hornets nest generally causes the appearance of more hornets.

#1389783 - 12/12/03 10:52 PM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SimHQ Tom Cofield:
Noooo

I am saying you have made your point. Ramming a stick into the hornets nest generally causes the appearance of more hornets.
Well, you got a can of industrial strength RAID on your hip for a reason........

#1389784 - 12/12/03 11:08 PM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  
Wklink Offline
Wklink  Offline
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
Yes, I suppose I do.

I don't like banning people though, it generally causes our boards to be bland and tasteless. If I banned everyone that 'deserves' it then very few people would be around, including several folks that are now staff.

#1389785 - 12/13/03 03:39 AM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
Tom, your intervention into our discussion here shows your inabililty to understand the source from which the hostility on this forum has originated!

Furthermore, your intervention against those individuals who have attempted to elevate the level of the discussions here so that they might function as a source of useful information to the Aspect design team was ill-conceived and out of context!

No one had asked you to "baby sit"! The membership was doing as good a job as possible in maintaining a cap on poor behavior, until you undercut our effort!

Now you allow one member the continued right to use profanity and direct attacks against other members, all the while lecturing the community on good behavior???

Most curious!

I too now question the validity of the conversations here.........that I have worked with other like-minded members to generate!!!

What kind of personal demeanor is expected of members if they are allowed to insult the intelligence of other members, and engage in outright attacks of a very personal nature......and with the use of profanity at that!

In the very thread that you lectured me concerning "this is beyond acceptable conduct" I wrote:

Quote:
Having rules of engagement can be important in any discourse, others certainly respect that...........in fact I think we all expect this!!!
Do you understand what this means?

Having rules to discuss issues is important!

Others respect this approach!

In fact as individuals we expect to be treated with respect and dignity............if this does not occur then the aggrieved community has the right to discipline the offender(s)!

YOU WOULD DISAGREE WITH THIS???

I would suggest that you revisit the threads on your board here, so that you may assess the proper context of the discussions that have transpired!

Perhaps you may consider it easiest to assail the honorable efforts of the few who have tried to abide by the rules of proper forum etiquette, instead of disciplining the aggressor!

This approach will do nothing but encourage further aggressiveness by those responsible for the inciteful behavior in the first place.........as is evidenced by the degeneration of this thread!

Either reverse this situation, or you can expect the "brain-drain" to commence!

#1389786 - 12/13/03 08:53 AM Re: Early German Rotary Aircraft  
Wklink Offline
Wklink  Offline
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
I have had about enough of this.

I am getting multiple complaints from various people.

Topic closed. As I said in a prior post.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A POSTER DIRECT IT MY WAY AND I WILL INVESTIGATE IT

No, you don't have the right as a community to discipline someone on this board. That was tried in the RB3d Forum a while back and we ended up deleting the thing because it turned into the biggest cess pool this side of my septic tank. Anyone remember that? Don't think I don't have some understanding of what is going on here.

I do not have the time, or inclination to deal with either one of you right now. I don't care who is initially wrong or right. This is like dealing with two kids who are absolutely sure they are right and are willing to come to blows over it.

Both you and von H are getting a time out. I am locking both of you off this board for one week. Call this an ultimate warning. VonH for 'insulting' people and you for this particular post. If you don't like the way I moderate this board you can write to me personally (don't do it this time, I won't reconsider the one week cooling off period). If you think this is unfair write to bubba@SimHQ.com.

I am tired of this. I told you a way to fix the problem, but instead you bring your complain to a public forum. I have been doing this for five years. I think I have a little bit of understanding of what personalities at play can do.

If neither of you want to play by the posting rules in this forum and instead wish to further your own little arguements go someplace else. I don't know if Von Helton has a point or not because all I hear is a bunch of crap. Discuss it intelligently or go away.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.