Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1389671 - 11/19/03 10:48 AM Ideal Multi-player  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I trust the K.O.E. developement team to know more about A.I., flight models, damage models, scenery, fun single player campaigns, and other flight sim issues than I do, so I won't nag about those things.

What I want to address is squad based multi-play. I've been a long time flight sim fan, and have enjoyed many of them. In my experience, the multi-player format that has been the most friendly to inter-squad play has been Red Baron 3d MMP Arena. It allows the flyers to take off from the ground, fly over a front line, and attack (or defend) a target, or whatever the two squads decide upon. I've enjoyed many squad versus squad wars, and multi-squad versus multi-squad extended campaingn wars using this format. I've played many variations using this flexable format that allows the players to decide upon the rules and just enjoy the playground. It can't be done in start in the air furballs like the MSCFS games on The Zone, or pre-defined coop missions with bots flying around.

I don't know what the K.O.E. team has cooking so far, as multi play goes, but I would ask them to please, please, leave an open ended playground, at least as an option, for all of us guys and girls who like to play "my squad calls out your squad for a rumble." games.

J37 Zoltan Magyar

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1389672 - 11/28/03 10:26 PM Re: Ideal Multi-player  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Zoltan, having played with a number of flight sim's I think the single item that made Red Baron such a cult favorite was the real world like atmosphere created by the Multi Player enviornment.
To be able to choose what airfield you would start from, to take off on the ground and after a dareing mission to bring your tattered plane (If you were so lucky) back home to rearm and get it repared.
Yes I for one would be an avid fan of the new KOE if it could replicate the RED BARON Multiplayer enviornment,

Please support Zoltan.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.