#1389625 - 04/01/04 05:23 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
JAS Gripen Offline
JAS Gripen  Offline

Suomi Finland
Quote:
Originally posted by PatWilson:

What I really want.
Better AI, better AI, and better AI.
Even if just points 1,4 and 9 you mentioned are fullfilled it will be distinctly superior to IL2. If KOE fails in 2 of those 3 points it will be IMO a near-failure as far as off-line playing is concerned.

-It's the campaign engine, silly!-
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1389626 - 04/01/04 06:49 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since AEP came out, IL2's AI has been greatly improved. I've seen them Bnz, I've seen them break and run, I've seen two of them use team tactics (basic, granted, but effective).

If KOE is even to the state of IL2, then it will be a vast improvement.

#1389627 - 04/01/04 10:15 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Boom Offline
Boom  Offline

Culcairn
If you want to compare quality of AI then forget about IL-2, or FB.

Go back to MiG Alley. The AI in that sim is still the best around. It does all that Pat ask's for. \:\)

"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member
#1389628 - 04/02/04 12:22 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Neal Offline
Neal  Offline

Everything that Pen said plus:

Expandability === addon planes, ground objects and maps. Also that planes and objects could key in the use of added DLL's for previously unanticipated capabilities.

Configurability === the campaigns run by engine if possible in the IL2/FB fashion of text file inputs and logfile outputs but including more immersive data like the ability to set up screens with text and graphic images if not play AVI or some other format of video in sequence with some form of control keys also user configurable. The code is not that hard, visual compilers have the blocks (at least mine does). The community will I'm sure provide a mountain of "fill" in a relatively short period of time that would greatly enhance the value of the sim itself.

Neal

#1389629 - 04/02/04 08:45 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  
JAS Gripen Offline
JAS Gripen  Offline

Suomi Finland
Quote:
Originally posted by Pen:
Since AEP came out, IL2's AI has been greatly improved. I've seen them Bnz, I've seen them break and run, I've seen two of them use team tactics (basic, granted, but effective).

If KOE is even to the state of IL2, then it will be a vast improvement.
I really would dispute "greatly" but this is KOE, not IL2 forum \:D \:D

Anyway, I wonder if WWI specification planes and doctrines makes programming AI harder or easier. IL2 (ooopss..) solves issues by allowing AI to cheat. I'm not quite sure where I sit on that one, but maybe it will be necessary evil to make the AI able to handle Camel, for example.

-It's the campaign engine, silly!-
#1389630 - 04/02/04 09:22 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

The AI in that other game still do dumb things. Fly into a mountain. Shoot through you \:D

Oh. One thing I would really like to see.....

The ability to ban Bedwet types.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1389631 - 04/04/04 06:38 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

\:D Hi, guys.

I'll let the rest of you argue the fine points of the game. I'm interested in trying to make sure of ONE THING. The rest I can deal with, and trust the K.O.E. team to choose the best points of all past flight sims to utilize, or improve upon.

The one thing, is that multi-player mode isn't a start in the air melee like the Microsoft Flight Combat sims.

I like multi-player squad play, and all I ask is a chance to take off from a base on the ground, fly over the mud, to where the other guys take off on the ground, and limp my crippled butt home after a mission, what-ever the two squads playing agreed that the missions would be.

After that, all of the flight model, damage model, and eye-candy stuff is gravey on the plate. I just assume that with the great team that Aspect has put together, that their past experience will add up to a better sim than R.B. and the other sims they have worked on.

Don't get all defensive and think that I don't want y'all to debate the finer points. I like that. It's healthy. I just want it clear that a start in the air melee (or team melee) multi-player mode will be death to sales as far as squad guys who are hungry for a new playground are concerned.

The R.B. J37 Black Wolves have thrown all of our hopes on a future into a version of K.O.E. that allows squads to start on the ground and make up their own rules for a war. I think many of you have taken that for granted, and I'd hate to see that misinterperated by Aspect.

And you guys at Aspect, I know you're busy, and don't have time to address all concerns, but a brief note as to your multi-player intentions would set the minds of many of my online friends to rest.

J37 Zoltan Magyar

#1389632 - 04/04/04 07:26 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Neal Offline
Neal  Offline

It would be really nice if everything that can be done offline can also be done online plus online having MP. If offline works by server-client then it should be possible, but that is surely set in stone already.

I value feel more than table numbers. Good speed and climb so not cut it if the planes don't fly naturally and glide the same (even if some glide almost like bricks). If not then a tabled sim would be just as good and far more accurate overall.

Better DM, gunnery and FM are to be looked for. What's been shown of the models tells a lot, that a lot more than before is coming.
Campaign --- just give us the hooks! Make it so it can run a named exe and some dozen or less script commands (with parameters) and we'll do the work!

Oooops! Forgot the AI! I would so f___ing LOVE to be able to feed the AI scripts! Honest! Since 1998 I wanted that! If there's a high level and lower levels to the AI's then oh my please can we get to it? Then the AI's can be improved and honed just like the campaigns should. Competition will weed out the worst and in an evolutionary manner I am sure the AI's will become all they can! How's that Pen, my WW brother?

Graphics are good to have, and sound and small details but they are icing. Great icing on a mediocre cake does not make a great cake except to look at.

Neal

#1389633 - 04/04/04 08:20 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahh, Neal, I wondered if you had me confused with WWPendragon. I've been Pen online for so long it seemed natural to sign in here under that name. In Red Baron I flew as Pentallion.

Sorry bout the confusion.

And that sounds great to me as well my flight sim brother!

#1389634 - 04/04/04 01:27 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
I recognized you Pentallion from the get go...........my flight sim brother. \:\)

#1389635 - 04/04/04 01:41 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Zoltan Magyar wrote:

Quote:
.......that allows squads to start on the ground and make up their own rules for a war.
The more online options the better!

I'd like to see coop-multiplayer implemented.....to allow an AI/player mix which will ensure that the hostile skies are properly "fleshed out" with aerial activity, and which will enable chance encounters to occur whether there's enough squaddies online or not.

An online Mission Editor would be nice! \:\)

#1389636 - 04/04/04 02:40 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
SunScream Offline
SunScream  Offline

Northampton UK
I was thinking about the various types of multiplayer you get in games such as Mechwarrior, and decided the funniest would be "Capture the flag" or, in deference to WE Johns, "Capture the turkey." You have to swoop down and grab the turkey from a farm mid way between opposing aerodromes and try and fly back to base with it, with a cockpit full of irate bird and still under fire from Archie, enemy aircraft and hopefully-not-as-demonic-as-IL2FB machine gunners...
If you get shot down the turkey will automatically survive the crash, so someone else from your squadron, or an opponent, can pick it up, but it can be shot and minced by propellors, so you can't use it as a shield and have to wait until it reaches the ground. \:\)
A dead turkey that is in a crashing aircraft can't bail out and the game immediately ends when the aircraft hits the ground.
Points scoring:
If you get back to base with a live turkey: 6pts.
Dead turkey: 3pts.
Per non-turkey kill scored 1pt.
The winning team is the one with the most points.
No-respawn, so its entirely possible the only survivor is the turkey \:D
It would be great if we could include a flight model for "help-I-have-a-live-and-distinctly-unhappy-turkey-stuffed-between-my-legs,-a-Hun-on-my-tail-and-feathers-in-my-face" style flying.

Alert Status Level: AWOOGA
#1389637 - 04/04/04 02:49 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Use the Chickenploppenwaffen SunScream............ \:D

#1389638 - 04/04/04 03:58 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Neal Offline
Neal  Offline

Still taking shots even though the guy is banned?

No excuses please.

Neal

#1389639 - 04/04/04 07:35 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
It was a poke at the Turkey references in SunScreams post Neal. \:\)

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#1389640 - 04/04/04 08:51 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
SunScream Offline
SunScream  Offline

Northampton UK
The turkey reference is in (iirc) Biggles of 266 squadron by WE Johns. One of the stories is Biggles getting hold of a (live) christmas turkey and trying to fly his Camel back to base with the turkey struggling bitterly all the way. Thats until he gets bounced and the turkey stops the bullet with his name on it \:\)

Alert Status Level: AWOOGA
#1389641 - 04/04/04 10:32 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Neal Offline
Neal  Offline

Never read the Biggles stories.

I was on about the Chickenploppenwaffen which for some reason I'm sure wasn't in Biggles. How about a break if that stuff is satire on someones' unreferenced claims about some German plane or weapon? At least for a while? Just out of some level of respect for another human being who also happens to be unable to reply?

Neal

#1389642 - 04/04/04 11:50 PM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Wing Chaps Offline
Wing Chaps  Offline

Uprooted from Dixie
Right, we'll be sensitive in the interests of healing.

I never could get into those books, though. Kind of like the M*A*S*H of WWI...

I must say, it seems lately that there are a bunch of biographic histories coming out of all kinds of WWI pilots. Everytime my wife turns around Amazon.com has mysteriously sent yet another one to our house... \:D

I'm sure you won't be surprised that my favorite remains the Eddie Rickenbacker book. Not that my affection for the Nupe 28 and the Spad XIII aren't a clue... ;\)

I like cheese too!
#1389643 - 04/05/04 12:11 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Neal,

I didn't just pen the Chickenploppenwaffen thread for this forum's sole consumption.....nor was it offered only for one individual's sole enjoyment:

It\'s here on this fan forum too!

We do get around a bit, and interpreting the intentions of others is not always an exacting science...........

Shall we drop all this then?

#1389644 - 04/05/04 05:03 AM Re: What do we want from KOE  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

eggcellant.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.