Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1389014 - 07/12/03 04:42 PM Knights Over Europe Interview  
MasterFung Offline
MasterFung  Offline

USA
Ok guys! We are planning to send them an interview and we want questions! Go ahead and post them here. We will send about 20-30 total (including the staff's). We can't guareantee that all of them will be answered and if we get too many, we will have right of choosing which questions are sent.

Of course, the developers may not answer all the ones we send either.

So think about it and post your questions here!

To review what "Knights over Europe" is go here:

http://www.aspectsimulations.com/Prod_KOE.htm

\:D

Thanks!

Bubba

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1389015 - 07/12/03 05:45 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
kjuice Offline
kjuice  Offline

kroach@westman.wave.ca
I have felt that having career option is the most enjoyable gaming expirence. will the game have a career optin and if so , will the campaign be dynamic, or be a compromise between several types, or will you be creating a new type of your own?

Most people never look up
#1389016 - 07/12/03 06:26 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Alain-James Offline
Alain-James  Offline

France

#1389017 - 07/12/03 09:13 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will there be a mission editor and how open will it be to add-ons and mods? Any GMAX compatibility? If they don't mess it up, I'm REALLY looking forward to this one!

Cheers!

Rick... \:\)

#1389018 - 07/14/03 12:07 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there going to be regions like the Macedonian front and sea lane excursions?

Will there be relation to the historical aspect of each region and what the air power was doing their effectively,or not effectively?

Is there going to be any reflection on the designs of planes and how some were totally flying prototypes?

Any showing of ineffective or fragile designs and will there be any "odd" or low production aircraft?
--
In RB2,RB3D running across a Junkers or Salmson 2 was like seeing a rare species and made for that feel of seeing the endangered species.
--

A story line true to life with some heriocs and perpective of why you are flying, is something that should be highly researched and incorporated, to make one feel as if they are in the daily grind of the Great War, as terrible and depressing as it was.
But stil giving you the feeling you are part of a pioneering spirit and among the first to take a giant leep in a new style of warfare,never seen before.

Get that mood in the sim,and you will intrigue the minds of many.

#1389019 - 07/14/03 03:29 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Dantes Offline
Dantes  Offline

Toronto, Canada
Will the game use OpenGL for its graphics, and if so will this game be cross-platform?

If not, why would it not be taken into consideration?

Allot of Mac flyers waiting alongside the PC brethren for a good WW1 sim built from the ground up.

There is also the Linux market which remains largely untapped.

S!

#1389020 - 07/14/03 11:27 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Alain-James Offline
Alain-James  Offline

France
Bubba, can you tell me please if you have received my mail?

Thx

AJ

#1389021 - 07/14/03 12:38 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
TomW Offline
TomW  Offline

When is the patch being released?

Two weeks?

#1389022 - 07/14/03 03:10 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
MasterFung Offline
MasterFung  Offline

USA
Alain-James-

I still have about ~300 unread emails in my inbox. Sometimes it takes me a few days to catch up. If you sent it, I likely have but I have not seen it quite yet. I'll look for it tonight barring some unforseen emergency.

Sorry for the long delay. Weekend was busy for me!

#1389023 - 07/14/03 11:07 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterFung:
Ok guys! We are planning to send them an interview and we want questions! Go ahead and post them here. We will send about 20-30 total (including the staff's). We can't guareantee that all of them will be answered and if we get too many, we will have right of choosing which questions are sent.
1. What multiplayer options will be available in KOE ? Ie. Peer-to-peer or client-server ?

2. How many players will be able to fly online at any one time ?

3. Will KOE use locked FM/DM's or will they allow user moddable FM/DM's ? If user will there be built in cheat detection ?

4. Will KOE feature an offline dynamic campaign for solo play ?

5. Will there be ground targets/units and can these units move ?

6. What view options will be available in KOE ? Will you feature native trackIR support ?

7. Will there be custom skin support ?

8. Please list aircraft flyable in KOE. Will there be two seaters ?

9. Will KOE cover the entire WWI war period ?

10. Will there be ballon busting and artillery spotting ?

#1389024 - 07/15/03 12:46 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Alain-James Offline
Alain-James  Offline

France
Well yes Bubba it is kinda a case of emergency \:\)

Not questions for the interview, but things about the interview itself.

I send it back to you with a "high-priority" outlook tag.
If you're not the right one to contact, please let me know, then I'll send the mail to the person you'll designate me.

Thx!

AJ

#1389025 - 07/15/03 06:14 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RAF74_Vicious:
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterFung:
1. What multiplayer options will be available in KOE ? Ie. Peer-to-peer or client-server ?

I'm pretty sure I can answer question 8 for you now. Yes, there are two seaters. There are some screenshots of people holding MGs in the back seat of one scouts at the offical site.
2. How many players will be able to fly online at any one time ?

3. Will KOE use locked FM/DM's or will they allow user moddable FM/DM's ? If user will there be built in cheat detection ?

4. Will KOE feature an offline dynamic campaign for solo play ?

5. Will there be ground targets/units and can these units move ?

6. What view options will be available in KOE ? Will you feature native trackIR support ?

7. Will there be custom skin support ?

8. Please list aircraft flyable in KOE. Will there be two seaters ?

9. Will KOE cover the entire WWI war period ?

10. Will there be ballon busting and artillery spotting ?

#1389026 - 07/15/03 01:15 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
II/JG1_Schpam Offline
II/JG1_Schpam  Offline

Huntingtown, MD USA
Is it only single-seaters or are there two-seaters also? If there are two-seaters are they for on-line and/or off-line?

V/R
Hptm. Paul vonSchpam, II./JG1
#1389027 - 07/15/03 09:44 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Nift Offline
Nift  Offline

Duluth, GA, USA
One question:

Will there be a detailed mission recorder and playback feature?????

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
-- Blaise Pascal

"He who sacrifices freedom for security is neither free nor secure."
-- Ben Franklin

"If you try to idiot-proof a society, you get a society full of idiots."
-- Winston Churchill?
#1389028 - 07/15/03 10:30 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
What will the ground attack options be? Will we be able to strafe the trenches and likewise what kind of ground fire can we expect?

What will the terrain look like down low? WW1 was a low level conflict so they chance to view the terrain up close (some of us real close unfortunately) will always be present.

Others seem to have some good stuff in here. I am interested for sure.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#1389029 - 07/17/03 03:04 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
How open is the game going to be? The most enduring games seem to be the ones that players can modify/add to/improve. (Don't get all up in arms MMP guys they should also be able to make it secure at the same time)

If the game will be open, what modeling program(s) might be able to be used with KoE? Hopefully some cheap ones like AC3D or Anim8tor.

Will there be multicrew capabilities?

Will there be mousepanning? Guess that sort of goes along with that TrackIR support question.

Cheers!

#1389030 - 07/17/03 07:33 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Salute Everyone! Hope this game can be as fun as RB3D. I would like to know if there will be twin engine bombers in this new simm. And will we have a great online multi player for this simm. Where one side plays Allied and the other side flys Huns. Also will we beable to download a patch to become a server for this new flight simm, or will we have to play at theses gaming sites like Gamespy or Hypperlobby. Is there going to be away to keep out Cheats, and a way to kick out annoying players online. There are a bunch of RB3D Squads watching and hoping this will be the new WW1 Flight simm we have been waiting for. Take Care!

#1389031 - 07/18/03 07:41 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Guderian Offline
Hotshot
Guderian  Offline
Hotshot

People's Republic of Sweden
- Will it be moddable? If yes, to what extent?

- Will there be infantry on the ground?

- Will we be able to use skins in multiplayer?

- Will it support pilot skins, à la Forgotten Battles? This is a nice feature in FB, but it would be even better here given the up-and-personal nature of WWI air combat. We could see the whites in Richthofen's eyes, literally.

"I prefer to fly alone ... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me" - René Fonck
#1389032 - 07/24/03 11:40 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Guderian Offline
Hotshot
Guderian  Offline
Hotshot

Let me bump this thread by reiterating my request/whine for INFANTRY.

"I prefer to fly alone ... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me" - René Fonck
#1389033 - 07/26/03 02:53 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
Since it looks like damage is really getting a nice treatment I was wondering if some random failure might be introduced to the mechanicals? I feel a bit too trusting of my aircraft in most WWI games. Would be fun to have an occasional mishap during an occasional flight. Gun jams of course, but occasional engine problems might be nice.

Would be nice to have realistic controls also. For example, if the rotary engine had blip and no throttle thats what we have to use too.

#1389034 - 07/26/03 02:54 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
oops double post

#1389035 - 07/26/03 02:55 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
oops double post

#1389036 - 07/31/03 09:42 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Moritz of JG1 Offline
Moritz of JG1  Offline

Chesterfield, MO
The primary weapon, killing machine of the First World War was field artillery. Artillery pummelled the lines, dugouts, rear trenches, rail lines, and, quite often, other side's artillery.

The most important functions of the aircraft were reconnaissance and artillery spotting. The first was needed for identifying changes in the enemy lines, equipment, supplies,etc. and targets for the artillery. The second was a direct teamwoork with the artillery.

It would be really neat to have field artillery that functioned not only as a backdrop to the game, but a function of the game. If a recon plane brings back target photos, an artillery barrage will try to take out the target.

Artillery Spotting would open up a whole new area in gaming. Imagine standing in the back of an Albatros C.VII(or the front seat of a BE2e, that's scary!) and direct artillery with signals from your telegraph key. You can even see your army's artillery shells whizz by. Hope one does not hit your plane or it will smash it up there only to fall to earth.....

#1389037 - 08/02/03 01:48 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
Like some of the other posters I'd like to know what sort of ground detail there intending to include. The screens released so far just show old style blurry terrain similar to SDOE or EAW, hopefully its just a placeholder.

A next gen WW1 sim really needs a new high rez approach to ground detail, especially if ground attack scenarios are going to be modelled. I think some attempt at modelling ground troops is almost essential if most of the combat is at 1000M or less. I want to fly over a living WW1 battlefield, and with the GFX cards and processors that will be available next year there's no reason why it shouldn't happen. Flight sim developers do seem slower than general games developers in implementing new tech.

High detail terrain is more important than high detail aircraft models IMO. How often do you get the chance to look at high detail externals except when you view tracks? I think the current crop of external models are high poly enough (CFS3,FB) developers should concentrate on terrain, FM and DM enhancements.

MOG

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
#1389038 - 08/05/03 05:44 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
Coloured flak? I'm sure the Germans used a black type explosion and the allied a white. It would be nice to be directed towards enemy aircraft this way \:\)

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#1389039 - 08/05/03 09:53 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
MOG is 100 per cent and absolutely correct.
And it needed saying.
When you are flying combat you are certainly not looking at the (close up ) quality of aircraft.
I see photos of models put up that look stunning- very interesting- but I always have to say to myself that when it comes to flying the sim, such beautiful work will become irrelevant! Unfortunate fact, but there it is.
So, unless the terrain etc becomes the quality of IL-2 and Lomac, I don't see a new WW1 sim making any impact when such as Red Baron (with updates ) are already out there.
Smoshy S!
Good point which is addressed in the sim by Rowan called Flying Corps Gold.
For its time FCG was brilliant with many features not found in modern sims. The mission builder was excellent.
In fact, if FCG was brought out today with modern terrain, it would sweep the WW1 sim board.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#1389040 - 08/05/03 03:44 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Ursus Offline
Ursus  Offline

Stockholm, Sweden
Hullo Cas - long time no see. I also have my eager eyes looking towards this new sim. Let's hope they can mix the qualities of both RB3 and FCG. Cheers!

#1389041 - 08/06/03 05:09 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm waiting for these Sim.. :p

#1389042 - 08/06/03 09:59 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Hello Ursus, old friend-
I hope you are well. I am now flying battle of britain ( Rowan ) almost exclusively- With the new mods it is awesome. I took it back first time, as rubbish- Shows how wrong you can be! \:o
As a FCG enthusiast, I'm sure you would love FCG with Lomacs or Il-2 graphics, eh?
We can dream.!
Let me know what you are flying now!
Now I'm going to have a look at your site \:\) cheers

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#1389043 - 08/07/03 01:16 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
SYN_Ricky Offline
SYN_Ricky  Offline

Lausanne, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally posted by Smoshy:
Coloured flak? I'm sure the Germans used a black type explosion and the allied a white. It would be nice to be directed towards enemy aircraft this way \:\)
I'm pretty sure that this was already featured back in Flying Corps...you could tell the nationality of distant aircrafts by the color of the flack shooting at them. So I also hope that we will see this in KOE

"True hunting is over, no herds to follow. Without game, men prey on each other" Perry Farrell
#1389044 - 08/07/03 05:31 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Moritz of JG1 Offline
Moritz of JG1  Offline

Chesterfield, MO
Ground detail, little men in Khaki, horizon bleu and feldgrau would be nice, especially if you can fly the German Schusta/Schlasta ground attack missions.

I would also like to see the forts at Verdun, a few distinguishable airports (e.g. RFC at Balleul(sp) was on the grounds of an asylum, Jasta 5's home at Boistrancourt had distinguished groupl of hangers and was next to a sugarbeet processing plant.), some cathedrals and other landmarks. If they get ahold of period maps, they have the outlines of the forests, roads, fields.

However, I would take a better FM over ground detail as most of the aircombat, particulary in the latter half of the war took place between 5,000 and 10,000 feet. This is where the fight was, going after the recon and spotting aircraft.

#1389045 - 08/08/03 07:12 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Co-op play against the AI would be great especially in a campaign setting. A good dynamic campaign is a must for solo and team play. I don't see why AI aircraft should ever be left out of multiplayer plans.

And while I'm at it, in-flight icon preferences should have toggles during play. So long as id ranges are unrealistically short I want to be able to blip the ids on and off so as not to be annoyed by them continuously.

#1389046 - 08/09/03 02:27 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Madaboutsims Offline
old time
Madaboutsims  Offline
old time
Hotshot

UK
will there be any chance of AI in dogfights?

#1389047 - 08/09/03 09:28 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
May I stress the importance of having views by mouse or trackIR.
The ability to use TrackIR in a flight sim is now essential for a new flight sim.
There are many who will not buy a new sim if it cannot support TrackIR.
It is not new technology- Sims like EAW can do it.
cheers

#1389048 - 08/14/03 08:59 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Decent looking infantry is a MUST!!

......BRING BACK THE LGM!!!!!!

#1389049 - 08/19/03 10:30 PM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Guderian Offline
Hotshot
Guderian  Offline
Hotshot

So when is this interview due?

#1389050 - 08/20/03 05:15 AM Re: Knights Over Europe Interview  
Dantes Offline
Dantes  Offline

Toronto, Canada
Another question. Will you be taking into consideration the requests made here and then turning around and creating new things that no one has thought of including in a WW1 sim, leaving us to shake our heads wondering why we never thought of them before?

You are already starting this process with the internal structures of the planes. Finally, no more hollow models. Brilliant! It left me wondering why it took so long to happen.

I am looking forward to see what you do differently instead of slapping new graphics on existing concepts.

That would be nice. ;\)

S!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.