As much enjoyment as I'm getting from sims like TAW (very immersive DC) and Strike Fighters (fantastic non-demanding graphics), PSF will never again be retired from my PC, unless it's updated.

If Graphsim releases a new "F/A-18 Korea" I'm assuming it'll be a continuation of the OIF code and IMO will probably not be a worthy successor to PSF (aka Korea Gold). Maybe they'll even target a different audience next time, as was the case with Rage's (what was left of DID) Eurofighter Typhoon. Who knows?

I'll plead with Graphsim yet again (assuming they occasionally peak at this board, the only active Graphsim developed sim board on the Internet) to go back to PSF/KG and begin making SMALL improvements, not the BIG improvements attempted with OIF.

Graphsim obviously didn't have the resources for making any major overhauls to HK when they developed OIF (i.e. poorly implemented "fully 3D" cockpit) so I plead with them to go back to what worked well and start from there.

Why not take TK's example of someone who cares about their product (TK recently posting pics of the clouds coming to SFP1 on the TW board)? BTW, Third Wire is another practically one man show as I understand it, and while SF is improving slowly, it IS improving!

Why can't Graphsim be more like this? Remember GSC, the loyalty of Hornet Korea fans many years ago (as I continue to read on old archived boards like CombatSim and on Usenet)? Wouldn't you like to have that respect back? It must have felt great huh, actually being PROUD of what you put on the shelf while taking people's money?

And reading mostly positive reviews like this one...
http://www.combatsim.com/memb123/archive/htm/htm_arc2/fa18_kor.htm

I'm afraid you're going to have to start with FREE patches for OIF (assuming you won't go back to the older Korea like you should, IMO). No more recycling (and while breaking) your old sim for a buck. Hopefully, you're doing well enough now with publishing F4:AF that you can afford to start supporting your own product (which you can't POSSIBLY be proud of at the moment).

Please consider what I'm saying, and I apologize if I'm coming off as too harsh. I wouldn't be making this post if I didn't think that PSF wasn't the cat's ass! \:\)

Pretzel, will we ever see a Desert Theater for PSF? \:\)
--

Mark

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run