Low&Slow, let us know what you find. BTW, is the lady's name Amy?

Anyway, PSF was my first real flight sim (IMO), coming from JetFighter IV (mid-'03). The PSF cockpit intrigued me by comparison, but outside graphics were unbearable and I quickly uninstalled it. Later I read that the F/A-18 Korea Manual was pretty good so I downloaded it from Grapsim's website and printed it for at least some interesting reading, even if I wasn't going to play the sim.

Well, the manual prompted me to reinstall the game and I then decided that graphics were not all that important to me in a flight sim. Heck, if I could get the sound working I'd be playing Super EF2000 today and we're talking 640x480 non-accelerated graphics! I also occasionally have a little fun with A-10 Cuba but I have to admit, that sim pushes my limits of acceptable graphics today.

As I began to dig into PSF, the features really won me over, especially the mission recorder. As you already know it's very easy to use, always turned on (you decide AFTER each mission to save to tape), and playback is full-screen and full resolution. PERFECT! It means that much to me to be able to stay focused in the cockpit during a mission, not worrying about missing any cool outside action as I can later watch the entire mission as many times as I want and from a wide variety of views. I had similar enjoyment with the original Need for Speeds (assuming the playback feature remains today).

I once looked up everything I could possibly find regarding Hornet Korea and PSF, including reading this message board MANY times over, which covers the time period even before PSF was released. I don't remember ever seeing any information about a patch specifically for PSF. I also don't remember any patch on Xicat's website which once supported PSF, even with a dedicated message board.

It's a shame too because there are some ugly warts in this game, like the forest of trees that occasionally pop up at 40k'+ feet. Makes no sense to me at all for this not to have been corrected.
--

Mark

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run