Thanks for the advice, guys.

Nephilim, I'm sorry but I've never been interested in playing any game online, which is why I'm so interested in EF2000 right now - strictly for its' dynamic campaign. This is something lacking in most other sims I play (my favorite being F/A-18 PSF [aka Hornet Korea]). So non-compatibility with EF2000 2.0 would not be an issue for me.

Of the sims I've become interested in and investigated, information and discussions about EF2000 is most illusive. Here's one of a few websites I found explaining the different versions...
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/d.cowan/sims/versions.html

I guess lack of information reflects the sim's age. My understanding is that the 3Dfx-patched EF2000 (G+) looks the best, while Super EF2000 (which includes Tactcom and all other patches minus G+) comes close while supporting Windows 95. Well, I doubt that I'll ever consider acquiring older hardware just to play one game, since I can get the same game (with only slightly degraded graphics?) running on my current system (supposedly). Graphics are so poor anyway by today's standards that it's almost irrelevant.

My only questions now is if my abandonware version truly is porked, and even if I get it (or another copy) working properly, is there PDF documentation explaining how to fly and how to use the campaign engine?

I'm waiting to see how another discussion unfolds as to whether or not I pursue this sim any further. In any case, I absolutely LOVE the slick interface of this game! Even without reading any documentation, I'm figuring out how to run a campaign! The whole thing is just so smooth, if not a little fast on my 1.7Ghz machine, unless I use software to slow down my CPU.

I'm glad I found EF2000 but I'm also getting really tired of having my heart broken when what looks to be a fantastic sim starts showing its' ugly unfixable intolerable warts (i.e. Jane's USAF). Thankfully, I always have Falcon to fall back on.
--

Mark

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run