After reading some recent endorsements regarding EF2000 on the Frugal's Falcon board, I thought I'd give it a try. I downloaded Super EF2000 from the Abandonware / Underdogs website.

My first impression (when it would run) was that the graphics absolutely sucked! And what's this, a SCORE?!?! What kind of stupid silly "sim" is this anyway?!

Then about 10 minutes into it I thought, "Oh hell yeah, this game rocks!" \:D I don't remember ever starting to become addicted to a game in only 10 minutes, until now. And once I looked over the Campaign options, I knew I found something worthwhile! \:\)

But I have a serious problem with the game. When I start it, it's a crap shoot whether or not it finds my sound card (integrated Dell). When it does, I get full sound but I crash 3 seconds into a mission, and then I get a some kind of memory error. My system is a Dell 1.7Ghz / 512 MB SDRAM / Radeon 9600 SE and I'm running it under Windows ME. When it doesn't detect my sound card, it plays fine but with no sound. \:\(

I tried to run under XP but it wouldn't run at all. I also tried running it on my old P233 MMX Windows 98 box (64 MB RAM / Matrox Video / Soundblaster) and I just get the same memory error.

I can deal with the dated graphics but I need sound and I REALLY want to start playing this game. It's like I almost found a goldmine!

Any suggestions?
--

Thanks,
Mark

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run