Happy New Year all.

Just a quick update on the Pfalz remaster. Jerbear and I have completed the baseline (base Jasta) skins and are going to be working to get them submitted for inclusion in the near future. The model is fantastic and carries some much needed updates as well as new details. The skins are going through a complete renovation with close attention paid to many missing aspects, details and historic value that we simply did not have access to many moons ago.

So here is a brief sample of a few Jastas I worked with to give an idea of what this German workhorse will look like soon. For those unaware, the Pfalz is as it was stated in the movie "The Blue Max" an outdated, machine that did not match the newer Allied type aircraft. But what it did was fill in the gaps, gave many pilots a formidable if not reliable machine to fly, fight and learn in. It helped keep the units not fitted with Albatros types working and fighting until the OAW and Fokker built D.VII's began to show up in the war. It was not loved, nor was it hated. It was a Pfalz...

The new skins will carry a variety of German national markings is several styles as if painted at the field, and it will show some noticeable paint-over when they converted from Maltese style to Balken... again.. with little adherence to a standard style. So it was for the Pfalz.. the "#%&*$# child" of the Imperial German Air Force.

Best,

OvS

1. Jasta 10 ace
2. Jasta 10
3. Jasta 54s
4. Jasta 34
5. Jasta 47w
6. Jasta 77b
7. Jasta 80b
8. Jasta 65

Attached Files pfalz1.jpgpfalz2.jpgpfalz3.jpgpfalz4.jpgpfalz5.jpgpfalz6.jpgpfalz7.jpgpfalz8.jpg
Last edited by OvStachel; 01/05/23 09:00 PM.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton