Another four years have gone and even though it's winter, the World Cup is here again.

Qatar was always a crazy choice, but massive money's been spent to transform the nation and build the infrastructure necessary to host the event. Off-pitch issues may arise, especially in terms of accommodations and travel, and the cultural issues and human rights will be hot topics, but I ask that those things be discussed elsewhere if needed and we focus on the sporting side in this thread.

The US has a shot at making it out of the group, but it's not a sure thing. Group B is a tricky one. The roster was announced a week ago and while there were few surprises, keeper Zach Steffen was left out entirely, which was a big shock considering he was essentially 1A to Matt Turner's 1B all through the qualifying cycle. To not even be named to the squad is a big surprise. The US has a good midfield, and Turner's a steady pair of hands. The backline is solid too, but striker is a question mark, and I have zero faith in Berhalter's ability to adapt tactics and formations to counter and exploit the opposition. If plan A works they'll be fine. If they need a plan B they're in trouble.

So who ya got? What are your predictions?

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!