Originally Posted by Polovski
Yes we have the 2 cannon armed Spitfire Mk.Ib's coming to No19 SQDN, the MKIb early and a later one with MGs and Cannons! We hope to post some info before the end of August. We shall see...

Hoping this timeline for more info is still valid, I'm positively itching to hear more!

Originally Posted by VonS
Interesting historical info. Lythronax and thank you for posting -- here's hoping for some early, non-WEP, two-bladed prop. Spitties and Hurries in WoTR too (and perhaps the D-series BF-109s) -- for some late 1930s' scenarios. Yessiree pre-BoB. smile

[Linked Image]

More info. on Watts/Airscrew two-bladed props. under this thread.

Cheers all,
Von S

I'm in agreement that some pre-BoB scenarios would be lovely! Probably no 2-bladed Spits in 1939 as they'd all been retrofitted (or had been so constructed from the start) but some 2-bladed Hurricanes were still in use in 1940 so that'd be a very interesting challenge! A very early war/late '39 Spit would all have a two-pitch 3-blade DH prop, already a few with the externally armoured windscreen, no armoured fuel tank, most with gun flash-dampening muzzles, early radio mast, no mirror, some with the early pitot tube, and most would have a GM2 Mk I or Mk II gunsight. Hurricanes were far more varied at this point in time so I can't really comment beyond a mix of props, windscreens, outer wing sheeting (fabric or metal), gunsights, etc.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Definitely some 2-blader Hurricanes in the BoF though, especially during the Phoney War!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Lythronax; 08/30/22 03:47 AM.