Hello again fellow WOFFers and BHAHers, had a wee bit more time for another flight today in my FrankenWOFF contraption - flying and also testing further various mod. installs and order of installs, which should possibly prove to be of benefit in BH&H2 as well. For this flight I forced v-sync off again, after a few flights with it on - and was pleasantly surprised to see FPS hovering anywhere between 80 and 130 (yes 130) - even with many, many mods. loaded. Lowest FPS were about 60 but only briefly and then spooling up again soon. I was cleaning up my mods. folder and had recently de-activated all mods. for that, and then I had re-loaded them in a different order. (Pics. follow below of the latest flight - but in the meantime here is the relevant install order list; this is good for UE/PE but the order-of-install might be of benefit to BH&H2 too.)

[FrankenWOFF 4.18 MODS Loaded]
01_NewsModV4.5=1
02_HistoricalVictoryInformation1.4Aris=2
03_GeckoBetterWaterTextures=3
04_RiversModOlham=4
05_CloudMod1MB_4L0M=5
06_HistoricalWeatherMod1.45=6
07_Clouds292FullWeather=7
08_Clouds292BBfog=8
09_Clouds292NoThunder=9
10_FacilitiesModelsPanamaRed=10
11a_1914_CustomFacilitiesPanamaRed_loadonlyone=11
12_ConsolidatedPeriodsCampaignDataRJW=12
13_ConsolidatedCustomFacilitiesHavrincourt=13
14_ConsolidatedCustomFacilitiesVerdun=14
15_ConsolidatedCustomAirfields=15
16_PhalempinAerodromeRJW=16
17a_HistoricalAirfields1.1JJJ65_optional=17
18a_MedalsModPilotLogEditorJJJ65_optional=18
19_XjouveMaxTerrainMesh2.0=19
20a_XjouveTotalWaterLite1.1_optional=20
21a_ImprovedTracersJJJ65_optional=21
22_BetterFPScockpitView20170127PR=22
23_SweetFX1.2BucksnortVonS_SubtleBloom=23
24a_BalloonArchie1915OldHat_loadonlyone=24
25_FMtweaksStockOverhaul6.5VonS=25
28a_CamelEarlyLeRhone110hpVonS_optional=26
35a_PfalzD.III_170hpVonS_optional=27
36a_PfalzE.IIIEarly95hpVonS_optional=28
39a_Spad7_150hpVonS_optional=29
41a_Spad13_200hpVonS_optional=30
44a_MoraneTypeLearly80hpVonS_optional=31
45b_XjouveBandWMap2020_loadonlyone=32
46a_FrankenMiniTuner_optional=33
50a_WinterWindsTurbulenceVonS_optional=34
52a_UserSkinsJerbear_optional=35

Loaded is a full version of the consolidated airfields package by RJW and company (a slightly older version that is compatible with JJJ's airfields mod. that I have listed as no. "17a"). Have also reverted, as indicated in a previous post, to ver. 1.45 of the historical weather mod., and to the older 2.92 clouds/weather package by BB. Weather seems more unified/consistent at least from what I observed so far in the latest mission (maybe best to stay with such a combo. in UE/PE WOFF?) - at any rate it seems more FPS-friendly than weather mod. 2.02 and clouds/weather 3.0 that I had loaded previously - that combo. is perhaps best left for BH&H2 once BB updates it fully.

Mod. no. "22" is a little thing that PR mentioned in one of the obscure threads here, yrs. ago, works good to about ver. 4.18 of WOFF (I think it is a dx9 dll file from Feb. of 2018 and is a bit better on FPS than the DLL from later in that year). The MiniTuner listed as no. "46a" is included in my FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package for those who are flying BH&H2 too (see relevant link under the supplementary file that goes with my WOFF-on-Mac instructions set, bottom of that supplementary file).

The FM mods. package is there too in my hybrid 4.18 install, but I have compressed it somewhat by placing the 30 or so aircraft that overhaul stock FMs in UE/PE WOFF into one folder, no. "25" - and then I load/unload other sub-variants on top of that one - if the survey for upgrading the FM package to BH&H2 standards gives positive results and I commit to upgrading the pack - I will most likely carry over this streamlined structure that I now have going in FrankenWOFF - since it is quicker to load the FM pack that way and modulate between earlier/later sub-types.

I have a hunch that this particular install order has improved my FPS noticeably - also worth considering is that the SweetFX mod., no. "23" - is more FPS-friendly than ReShade, but, still, this is only one factor. Anyway, I hope that this FPS-friendly install order will be of benefit to others too.

For convenience, here also is my mods. list for BH&H2 - giving on ave. between 60 and 80 FPS (usually around 70 FPS but still better than in stock form where I was dropping to the 40s and 50s FPS on my rig. - still fairly smooth at 40-55 FPS, true, but more FPS are always welcome). The airfields mods. loaded in my BH&H2 install are the older, UE-era "standalone" ones (ver. 3.0, full trees populated, by Panama Red, including various other individual ones, some of which are still available on Sandbagger's site) - not talking here about the big consolidated ones - and these smaller packages are FPS-friendly from what I've noticed in BH&H2, offsetting the slightly lower FPS of BH2 when compared to UE/PE. I'm still on ver. 4.07 of BH2 - will get eventually to ver. 1.10. Too many installs, too little time - but I am assuming that FPS are fairly consistent across the patches.

[BH&H2 4.07 MODS Loaded]
0 - Airfields - Models for Airfields v5.0=1
1 - 1914+ All Airfields - Full Trees Populated=2
WOFF UE Boistrancourt Mod by RAF_Louvert=3
WOFF UE Bray Dunes Mod by RAF_Louvert=4
WOFF UE Farnborough Mod by RAF_Louvert=5
WOFF UE Forts Mod by RAF_Louvert=6
WOFF UE Havrincourt Wood Mod by RAF_Louvert=7
WOFF UE St Omer Mod by RAF_Louvert=8
WOFF User Skins by Jerbear=9
FrankenBHAHenhancementPackageVonS=10

And a few pics. below - have left the counter on with the FPS showing. [...]

Happy flying all,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:18 AM. Reason: Updated post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~