Hi Gang - posting again after a long time. I hope every one is well. I've been working on lots of projects during lockdown, lucky to have a hobby that is unaffected by solitude.

A while ago I started work on the Airfix 1/24 Harrier GR.3 that has been in my stash for umpteen years. I haven't decided on the exact aircraft yet, but I'm going to complete it as a machine used in the Falklands war, and hopefully ready for the 40th anniversary of the conflict next year.

It's an ancient set of moulds, dating back to 1974 (if memory serves) and updated in various re-issues to GR.3 and FRS.1 standard. (If you've got the latter in your shed ready to sell for a reasonable price I'm your customer!) I've got the very comprehensive Flight Path brass and resin upgrade set to enhance and correct the detail.

I bought the Flight Path RAF Type 'Y' weapon loader set so I could get a second BL.755 for an accurate load. The first step therefore was to build that and the weapons to get used to how Flight Path work. It's very good stuff but can stand some extra detail. I used lots of Archer Fine Details resin rivet decals, especially on the fins. Really pleased how it turned out. (Just realised how terrible that photograph is - many apologies!)

[Linked Image]

After that was complete I moved on to the Martin Baker Mk.9 ejection seat. Flight path provide a complete replacement in photo etched brass sheet and white metal. There are around 60 parts to build this up.

Here it is in unpainted metal, but with the seat cushins enhanced with some MIG acrylic water medium to provide the fabric effect. I also added the piping on the seat cushion and stitching on the back cushion.
[Linked Image]

And primed
[Linked Image]

Now painted with decals from the spare box and a few scratch addons.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking in, more soon smile2

cheers
Gareth

UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing.
OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing.
HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you.

Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com