Originally, I put this in the BHaH2 new videos thread, but it more properly belongs in its own thread:

So far from what I have seen from your videos, Hellshade, I am really enjoying the new AI (I haven't flown many combat missions yet, still tinkering with my settings).

I looked at the simulations.xml file and saw that Pol and Winder did make some small adjustments to the overall flight AI. (AI behavior is also influenced by individual aircraft AI, but I haven't had much of a look at that, yet).

Notable differences so far: 1) AI is much less oblivious to your presence and will start maneuvering much more, both before and after you have started shooting at them. 2) Less use of zoom tactics by AI, particularly when they are being chased. They don't hang on their props as much, and they switch from climb to manuever more quickly. Nice, although I would like to see the faster plane types attempt to dive and extend rather than try and manuever when they are in trouble, but that is a minor gripe, considering this is hands-down the best AI I have seen in a flight-sim, ever!

Do you have any videos that show the AI in low level dogfights? I am also curious to see how the AI behaves when you jump them as they are approaching their airbase before final approach.

All in all, the AI improvements are very impressive. It will also be interesting to see what role morale, skill, and fatigue play in the new and improved AI air combat behavior. Great job, OBD!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”