For what it's worth, I thought I would report a recent experience I had with shadowplay not working, what the cause was in my particular case, and how I overcame it,

It took me about a month of back and forth interaction with NVidia Support in which I provided a humongous amount of testing data before I stumbled upon the solution. When I identified what the cause of the problem was, NVidia support stated that it was a known issue. They did not indicate that a fix was being entertained.

For a known issue, I felt that there was little info available from them to bring it to the attention of the general public. I felt that at least the first level of support would have been helpful for "Known Issues".

In summary, If you are running Windows 7 and utilizing "Windows 7 Basic" theme for your screen display, you will not be able to get shadowplay to work.
If you switch to "Windows 7 AERO" theme, shadowplay will work fine.

My recommendation is to stay away from "Windows 7 Basic" theme

There are of course a slew of other situations that can cause shadowplay to not work but that is another issue and one I certainly don't want to enter into.

Best Regards

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 03/31/21 11:17 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4