Albert great post pal you’ve summed the early flights of these kites perfectly. Your 3rd paragraph brings back memory’s of what I used to do all the time when I 1st started flying OBD s sims all those years ago.

My fiery nature meant I’d just wade in leaving my squad/jasta to fend for themselves and chase anything down that moved..I’d then find myself miles from any friendly and being surrounded by enemy, safe to say mate I didn’t last too long duh In RL I’d have lasted 10 minutes honestly I don’t know how some of these young men lasted more than a week in these kites,

I’ve learnt now that patience is the key although I still at times go chasing but I make sure I don’t stray too far biggrin and whilst no sim can give you the full experience of RL flying/combat..WOFF is the closest I’ve ever felt to what it must have felt like..I still shiver when I fire my engine up on a freezing cold winter morning, I still gasp when I see the sunrise pop up over the trees, I still feel fear when I lose an enemy in the clouds, I still drop my head and close my eyes when I see one of my squad get shot down in flames or crash due to engine failure. No other sim has ever ever made me feel like this and it’s about to get even better.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.