Great screenshots Blade, that second one, the colours are sooooo good it's almost like a painting.

Adger quality as always mate, the airfields look superb and I love the fact they're alive, lorries tootling along, mechanics busy working and even a gramophone warbling on in the background....all making WOFF the unique experience it is.

VonS, I agree, I did used to enjoy ROF as graphically it looked lovely, but the mechanics of the missions (and so many other things) with aircraft spawning at a given point and then flying around and around in circles just wasn't something that pulled me in like WOFF does. The ingame immersion factor is x100 in WOFF. From the moment your mission starts and your sat on the airfield to the moment you roll up at the end of that mission (assuming you've survived of course) the immersion is like no other.

I've decided to take a break from my 54 Squadron career and go to the other end of the spectrum, flying for the German Marine Landflieger in September 1915.

It's early days and obviously flying an Eindecker EI in the emptier skies of autumnal 1915 is a very different feeling than Spring 1917 but that's what I wanted.

I posted a couple of these pictures in my combat report in the report thread yesterday but thought I'd add them here together with another one where I'd attacked a balloon, which is not added to my report, only because it would have completely gone against orders not to go over the lines winkngrin

Attached Files scaredycat.jpgballoonistic.jpgearlydoors.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."