Adger, you've nothing to apologise for. The thread was already being dragged down the 'how much will it cost and will it be cheaper for those who bought PE' again and you made your point clearly. What came after that was pure claptrap.

I bought PE', does that mean I'd like this new version for less? Of course...but will I have a hissy fit if they don't....no...because as Pol says...if they give this away...that's it....no more updates...and I don't want that...the whole point is this is a living breathing sim. THAT'S the difference.

What Pol has again made clear is that it is up to them. They've put in the effort it's their 'baby' so they'll decide. Then we'll decide to buy it or not. That's the point you made Adger mate and it was clear as day.

If we're all impressed enough we will, if not, or we think it's too soon after PE, we won't.

This new upcoming version isn't being done because there's anything wrong with PE there isn't it's brilliant and still worth every penny.

It's being done because they've realised that improvements could still be made and being professionals and true to their art they want their product to be the best it can be, so that's what we're about to get.

The new screenshots look fantastic btw the Gotha is an awesome creature, I've yet to come up against it in a career mission...can't wait.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."