With all due respect...

I think it's inaccurate to interpret what Asam71 was saying to mean 'updates were coming too soon'. This muddies the water, so to speak - IMHO.

I think what he's saying is it's a fairly short period of time for an update which for all intent appears likely to be a 'full-cost', stand alone installation, with no reduced-cost option for those who purchased PE (relatively) recently.

I doubt he'd be concerned if it were available at lesser cost for those who already (in the past year or so) bought PE. But, TBH, it doesn't look much like that's going to happen (yes, I know it's not official yet).

I chose not to purchase PE, opting instead for my own reasons to make a substantial cash donation to OBD worth several times the 'going rate'.

However, even though I didn't buy PE, I do agree that anyone who did should be given a discount on the new release (like several others in this thread).

I could be wrong in my interpretation as well - but I don't really think so, FWIW. (He did say "If it is a new installation, I hope that those of us who have WOFF PE are taken into account.", so that's where my perspective comes from)

Of course, everything in the foregoing statements are my own opinion, which I am quite accustomed to being attacked for here. It is what it is.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 03/13/21 04:09 PM.