Hellshade,

Briefly, so as not to derail the thread I just built a new rig with a 5600x. Still rocking a 1070 due to the GPU market madness. I'm hoping Elon will crash the Crypto market so the rest of us can get our hands on the new cards, but that's a rant for a separate thread. Even with the Antediluvian GPU, WOFF is extremely fast. Not done much flying with it yet, but Kaiserschlacht cometh soon in the DID Campaign. For reference, my previous build with the same card was an i5-6600K OC'd to 4.4 GHz.

Testing the new build on 3DMark Firestrike gave a Physics score of 24,795 with standard DOCP/XMP boost. 18,350 Graphics and 7869 Combined. These latter two are nothing to write home about and a function of the 1070. The Physics score, OTOH is up there. Not drilled down on a hardcore overclock yet. When I make some time for testing, I'll revive my Next 5 year build thread. I still have the old rig intact so it will be easy enough to pop the 1070 back in and take some benchmarks.

As for the word the Knights Who Play WOFF cannot hear,

"He said it again!"
"AHHHHH, now I said it. AHHHH."

Very rare with the old setup. I'm in the habit of doing the external view spin to load the textures. Flying over Paschendaele on 12 October 1917 resulted in an fps drop but for the most part the old rig was 60-75fps on my older 32" 2K 75hz monitor. New monitor does 144hz so I've set it to 1/2 frame rate in Nvidia inpector. Pegged at 72fps for the most part.