One of my favorite aircraft to fly is the Sopwith Pup, so I decided to start a new career with 54 Squadron starting in dear old blighty and then off to war in December 1916. So thought I'd share a shot of us saying toodle-oo to the white cliffs.

Despite the weather being predominantly awful in Jan 1917, I've had some really good encounters so I thought I'd share a couple of shots of them. The first one had the audacity to have the same number on his aircraft as me, the very cheek of it. So one of us had to go.

The second was a real melee with some Albatros scouts and I managed to single one out and put a burst into the cockpit. When I looked at the campaign screen later when my kill had been confirmed and it gives you the pilot name, it turned out I'd clobbered Erwin Böhme....that'll teach him to crash into Boelcke like that won't it.

With the new WOFF out imminently and the visuals in that game looking wonderful, I thought I'd show that WOFF PE still looks the business too.

Attached Files offtowarwith54.jpgallthethrees.jpgerwinbohme.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."