Yes I got that mod thanks, not applied yet. I might be able to get adequate shifts/watches with the default 5+17 officers/senior ranks+ratings, but might want to make the boat look a bit more crowded, even tho maybe half the crew might be off watch at any point in time.

Re Steel Fury, the major mods don't update the graphics (but see below) they add vastly to the numbers of playable AFVs, missions, seasonal terrains ('scorching summer' is a good substitute default), theatres, troop types etc.

Current choices I have (and I play and recommend both) are the Japanese Community Mod which is based on the STA 2.2 mod; Edge translates this page fine and it has all the links and info needed, including IIRC how to set AA compatibility in Nvidia Inspector so AA works without corrupting the graphics:

https://wikiwiki.jp/pzfr/Steel%20Tank%20Add-on

This is freeware. The other major mod is the TIM mod, formerly STA 3.x, requires registration here and a modest one-off donation to be able to see all the subforums, get active lings to the mod, and obtain the passwords for them:

https://2021-itmtank.forumgamers.net/forum

ITM gets regular updates and additions. It's based I believe on a slightly updated engine with slightly better graphics (maybe including inbuilt AA, aka 'smoothing' IIRC) and the AI is maybe a bit less reckless.

There's a Reddit post by (IIRC) Godzilla1985 which has links and info to Mediafire downloads for STA 1.2 but while good, it's been well overtaken by the JCM and the ITM.

With any mod, it's important to enable the items in the order specified (and in the case of the ITM mod because of more frequent updates than JCM, to use the right version of additional elements available like seasonal terrains, which also get updated).

Last edited by 33lima; 02/15/21 11:23 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)