Intel, Nvidia Deny Blocking AMD From High-End Mobile Gaming

There’s a rumor going around that Intel and Nvidia have conspired to block AMD’s Ryzen Mobile 4000 series from high-end gaming laptops. This information has supposedly been provided by an unnamed OEM

let’s address the elephant in the room. The reason conspiracy theories about blocking AMD from accessing the market find a home online is that there has been a lot of bad blood between the two companies over the decades. Intel went all the way to the Supreme Court in an attempt to revoke AMD’s right to manufacture x86 CPUs. Over a decade later, AMD filed an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, alleging that the company had abused its monopoly in the x86 market by creating a rebate system that effectively locked AMD out of certain market segments.

the court of public opinion had a lot to say about Intel’s behavior, and not much of it was good.

[Back then] Intel paid AMD $1.25B and renegotiated its x86 license to settle the case, and paid a $1.45B fine to the EU.

I’ve conducted my own investigations into the related compiler optimization differences that also formed part of the lawsuit

The Ryzen 5000 desktop launch in the fall of 2020 gave AMD a real claim to all-around fastest CPU, including gaming. .. AMD currently holds a leadership position in desktop.

As I've mentioned before, those "goings on" were why I became an AMD supporter. Note the "compiler optimization differences" were a reason some things ran better on Intel than AMD -- i.e. the compilers that produced the code were rigged in Intel's favor.

Is Intel "at it again"? The author of the article is not sure and neither am I. Right now this is just an unproven rumor. But, we'll see.

Long term, with fair competition, I assume Intel and AMD will be competitive (i.e. each will win some and lose some). Fair competition is good for customers smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro