Hi all! I picked up this game a few days ago and have been more or less marathoning my first career since then. Suffice it to say that I'm very happy with my purchase. This game is pretty much everything I could wask for in a World War I flight sim (save perhaps for the ability to fly a Junkers J.I, but hey, nothing's perfect XD). Looking forward to many, many hours of fun and excitement!

I do have a question about a potential bug with the mission generator though. My current career is with FA(A) 292b, who at the early stage of the war I'm in is running predominantly recon and artillery spotting missions. I've noticed that when assigned a recon flight we usually end up monitoring a specific point on the frontline which is being constantly hammered by friendly artillery, but when we go artillery spotting we usually fly along a longer length of the front where very few or no shells are falling. I'm no great expert, but to my mind it seems like this should be reversed. Is this as the missions are supposed to be or did the mission descriptions and gameplay get "crosswired" somehow? If they're wrong then is there a way to fix it?

Ultimately recon and spotting missions are largely the same anyway, and what's going on on the ground is mostly window dressing, but it's those little touches that really add fidelity to me where immersion is concerned. Any insight here would be much appreciated!

Thank you all for your time! It's great to be a part of this game and community. smile