Agreed it used to be a fine site. I joined in 07 officially and there were a lot of people posting intelligent remarks and thoughts. For several years I played tactical games on SimHQ server without being a member of the site. I thought it was more important to be good at a tactical game that good at showing off bragging posts. Good old days of Op flashpoint online gaming, then VBS1, Arma, and VBS2, SP Pro PE. were added to the forum. Then the successive owners decided to address arcade gamers who are not simulation gamers (A very different crowd). The definition of the site at its inception was Simulation (flight sims) and tactically focused. To Magnum's credit, he developed the tactical aspect for the hardcore gamers until he decided that tactical sim was not a priority anymore, and then he was let go from that responsibility and replaced by worst. Slowly the tactically oriented members stop posting and went away. Some were momentarily replaced by millennials 100% arcade gamers with X-Box, Nintendo consoles, and platforms other than PC. And there it went from a great site to a ghost town due to a refusal to stick to tactical and sim gamers on PC. The price of arcade gaming had to be paid, and SimHQ did not get a discount, its demise was the currency.
To all the Sim hardcore players that used to gather on this once great site, you are not forgotten, brothers. Fluctuat Nec Mergitur.

Rah!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.