If memory serves, (and it is serving less reliably with each passing day), you can edit the various aces lists in the "campaigndata" folder to include the AI pilots in your unit, and they don't have to be aces. Once added to the list you can create a custom skin for them, and using the conventional WOFF naming parameters, place it in the "skins" folder, and that pilot will then be assigned that plane. I recall doing this myself some time back in order to have precisely what you are wishing for - distinct and specific skins for every virtual pilot in your squadron. Keep in mind you will have to edit the files and the names of the skins, or add new skins, each time one of your AI pilots goes west and a replacement is sent, but it is at least a way to have this feature for now. I must warn though that I've not tried this since moving up to PE, but from a quick look under the hood it does not appear those particular files have changed so I'm guessing it will still work.

HTH.

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"