@VonS

Yeah, I've always thought it would be a really fantastic minor detail for a campaign like WoFF to include - one of the smaller, but very prevalent details I'd noticed in the memoirs I'd read is that some pilots would croon over the 'winning' airframes and curse the 'duds'. I think it would be a fantastic little touch. That being said, I'm no coder so I can respect that adding such a feature might be an immense headache!

Personally, I feel like individual skins for Non-HA's is the biggest 'missing piece' from WoFF at the moment.

Elaborating on the aircraft skins idea a little bit - I think it would be interesting to add a feature where non-HAs and the player were randomly assigned a skin from a "default pool"...that is, an RFC squadron might have some generic aircraft with squadron and individual markings (AKA "A", or "V", etc, marked on the wings and fuselage). The game will randomly assign the skins to non-HAs as well as the player once the campaign is started.

Some considerations for the idea:

- If the squadron's aircraft are upgraded, new skins of the new aircraft are randomly assigned again.

- If a non-HA dies, the replacement 'inherits' their skin.

- There would have to be some kind of algorithm that checks to see if a skin is already in use, so that you wouldn't see duplicates.

However, as a skin-maker for my IL2 Flying Circus squadron, I understand just how immensely huge of a task making all the skins for all the squadrons for all the planes would be! That would be a HUGE task! The big upsides though are:

- The removal of the one big immersion-killer (in my humble opinion) in what is otherwise the immersive WW1 experience!

- Giving players a way of identifying 'witnesses' for claims without having to toggle icons on and off (provided you've memorised or written down your wingman's aircraft code!)