Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
As a person in their 50's who has been accused of being an adult at one time or another, I can say I prefer to play a game rather than watch TV most of the time. I find the games are far more engrossing, and I have to be an active participant, mentally engaged. Whereas something like watching a TV show or movie is a far more passive act.

I've considered this at times because I have sometimes questioned whether a grown man should be sitting in front of a computer playing games, but then I go back to the TV example. Nobody would look down on you think you weren't "acting your age" if you sat in front of the TV for a few hours in the evening to unwind, so why would there be a stigma to playing a game - which, as I mentioned, is far more mentally challenging and engaging than staring at a TV.

I've had that thought several times over the years. My father in law poo poos games as a kids thing, but will watch tv half the day and all night. I've got no gripe against that for him, he just doesn't get it.

It's also amusing when you give people a 'go' on a game, like a flight sim. He had a quick turn in il2 many years ago and walked away saying where is the fun in that, it's too hard! Don't you want to relax after work? He clearly doesn't realise that every night i was single handedly saving the world from hordes of Luftwaffe bombers.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships