Another christmas wishlist...some might be a little less realistic than others :P

1. Players of a certain status (be it rank, kills, etc) can choose to retain an older (or a reserve) aircraft once they've been re-equipped (I.E, a pilot might choose to keep a Nieuport instead of upgrading to a SPAD)

2. Squadrons are equipped with randomly-generated 'airframes' - I'll try to explain the idea...instead of an identical flight model with identical RNG elements for engine failures, each aircraft of a squadron has its own subtly unique RNG characteristics and chance modifiers for things such as engine reliability, but stay uniform for that particular 'airframe'. If the airframe is being repaired, then the player will use a different airframe until their assigned one is fixed. If it's destroyed, they fly a spare until the replacement arrives, etc. I'd imagine you'd only need to do this for players and maybe non-HAs, but I think it would be really cool to get the sense of having YOUR aircraft and learning its individual quirks...! Perhaps there could be a system where you get assigned an airframe with better or worse 'stats' based on your rank / ace status

- - - 2b. More 'default' unit skins for non-HAs! One of the very, very few immersion breakers for me with WoFF is seeing two aircraft with identical markings (I.E, two Camels marked No.5 in a formation, or two S.E's marked 'B', etc). These could possibly also tie in with the 'Airframe' idea...a certain airframe is assigned a certain skin.

[Edit: Perhaps 2 and 2b would be better off as toggle-able on and off in workshops as a 'realism setting'].

3. AI are a little more willing to fight if one of their own are in danger - I've seen a couple occasions where an AI formation will try to make a break for home and if the tail-end charlie is caught the rest of the formation will fly off and leave him to his fate!

4. SPAD variants! 150hp SPAD VII, 200hp SPAD XIII, 220hp SPAD XIII, etc. A SPAD XII would also be a very cool little niche plane.

Last edited by Wulfe; 11/30/20 04:36 AM.