Many excellent points here but Raine's resonates most profoundly for me. I've had OBD stuff since it was a free add-on but I never really understood until recently that WOFF truly is a time machine.

On the subject of value, I remember paying $1.50/hour to play Warbirds back in the day. I've said it before, and will again, quality costs money. To quantify WOFF, my current DID pilot has 315 hrs logged. Sure, some of that was time compressed but not that much. I'll guesstimate that's probably 225+ hours actual stick time. Well over $300 in late 1990s Warbirds money, and that's just in the last 8 months.

Where I used to live circa 2016, there was, amazingly, a mom and pop games store which against all odds had remained in business since the 1970s. On Thursday nights the Grognards would gather with their Napoleonic miniatures, percentile dice and and cloth tape measures. I used to buy stuff there that I might have had cheaper on the 'Zon because I knew if that place went under, there would never be another to take its place.

Each must make his own choice but we should recognize that a game like WOFF will almost certainly never come again. OBD are the last of the V-8 interceptors. Giving OBD my $ is like supporting that local games store. Keeping the magic alive.

Last edited by epower; 11/18/20 10:00 PM.