I've made a start on the painting phase.
The undersides of the wings would have the faint shadows from the leading edge fairings, wing ribs, rear spar and cross bracing wires.
The upper surfaces hardly at all as they were brush painted with coloured dopes.
I thought this time, I'd try representing these shadows with a slightly different technique.
I airbrushed the undersides with 'AK Interactive' white primer, which was required for when I apply the 'Aviattic' clear CDL decals.
Then I over sprayed a light coat of 'Tamiya' Smoke (X19).
I scanned the internal structure of both with and rescaled the scans to the correct side.
Then coloured the structure with contrasting colours and saved them as JPG files.
These were uploaded into my 'Cricut' Explore Air 2 crafters cutter and the parts not required were deleted.
I then cut the masks using 'Artool' Ultra Mask sheets.
These were placed onto the wings with the parts not required removed.
A light coat of the white primer was airbrushed and then the masks removed.
The bracing wires were drawn on the wings using a pencil.
Finally a light, blend coat of the white was airbrushed to blend everything.
The surfaces still need to be gloss coated before the CDL decals are applied,