Two requests:

1) Any possibility of switching back to the old, darker font for news stories? My 60+ year old failing eyes can no longer read the light text in the news section. Or maybe the text has just gotten smaller?

2) Any thoughts on increasing the damage points or modifying the hit probabilities for the engine system? One of the drawbacks of the way CFS3 handles engine damage is that engine power seems to be a direct function of the percentage of engine hit points that have been lost (e.g. a loss of 50% of engine hit points seems to translate into a 50% loss of engine power). As an example, an engine with 50 hit points (modified by hit probability) seems to lose approximately 50% of thrust after a loss of only 25 adjusted "hit points." (Read almost any page in the DiD contest for examples of what I mean). By contrast, if I recall from memory, the WWII planes modeled in CFS3 have engine hit points of 200 points or more. I would think that the current WOFF values need to be almost doubled (or the hit probabilities decreased) to avoid this problem.

Anyone else with any thoughts on this second issue?

Thanks for considering my requests, Pol and Winder.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”