Suddenly, there's the rapid rattle of MG fire and hits patter onto my airframe. We're being attacked head on by a bunch of Hurricanes, just short of the target!

[Linked Image]

Our formation quickly breaks up. My own Dornier has taken many hits and both engines are trailing faint trails of grey smoke. The controls are sluggish and she wants to climb of her own accord.

[Linked Image]

I struggle to maintain my heading. Up ahead is Kenley, the runways, blast pens, hangars and other buildings -including the vital Sector Operations Room - all laid out as they were in real life. Somebody - a fighter, or one of the leading kette of bombers - has crashed near the perimeter, and a single parachute hangs in the air. I decide to bomb the camouflaged hangars - if I can make it that far!

[Linked Image]

Pushing my crippled machine back down to just above the deck, I send my sticks of 50 kilo bombs crashing into the hangars...

[Linked Image]

...then let the Dornier rise again, trying at the same time to crab around to the right and get away.

[Linked Image]

My bomber is going up like a lift now, barely under control. Another aircraft has smashed into the ground next to a railway line. Behind, the hangars are aflame. I can't tell if anyone else has had any luck.

[Linked Image]

It'll be all I can do now, to save my own skin!

...to be continued!

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)