The gun crew is soon pumping rounds into the oncoming ship, which just continues to hold her course.

[Linked Image]

The odd round goes wide, but most are on target. The freighter is starting to burn as she comes up on our port bow, making no attempt to ram us, in fact turning slightly away.

[Linked Image]

The gun crew ceases fire and trains their weapon forward.

[Linked Image]

Sure enough, the steamer is going down, and quickly. It's at this point that I notice the flag she's flying. Isn't that the Stars and Stripes? Oh dear - I've sunk a neutral!

[Linked Image]

Soon all that's left is some flotsam and fading wisps of smoke.

[Linked Image]

I quickly remember seeing earlier on the map a green-marked neutral ship, but I thought that we were well clear of her and didn't check. Evidently, my victim was that ship. And now, she's gone.

[Linked Image]

This time, embarrassed, I don't make a report to BdU. That can come later, if I can report some success at the same time.

It seems I might soon have my chance, for a nice, red enemy contact is reported to the west-north-west.

[Linked Image]

I plot a dog-leg interception course, aiming to get onto her track well ahead of her, then turn back towards her on a reciprocal course. I reckon this works better for me than trying to plot a directly intersecting course.

[Linked Image]

And sure enough, early in the afternoon, our prey is spotted, within one degree of straight ahead!

[Linked Image]

Now's my chance to make amends!

...to be continued!

Last edited by 33lima; 10/01/20 08:05 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)