Originally Posted by 33lima
Virtual kit is great, as you can have many huge virtual layouts, including local railways...

...but there's something tactile and satisfying about having a physical model. No layout, but still have a fair bit of kit, including collected Tri-ang Railways from the '60s items and some of my own conversions or scratchbuilds of UTA/NI Railways stock, 1960s-1990s.

[Linked Image]

Ahh the first train I had 4MT(T) made by Hornby Doublo and on their 3 rail track and is still my favourite locomotive, I got my trainset as a hand-me-down from my father's brother, the 4MT tank was also the engine that pulled the passenger trains from our village up to Glasgow, Ah memories, thanks for sharing that smile

@Dart you can get little flat iron bits for your soldering iron for using on heat shrink film. For my small gas soldering iron it comes with a hot knife, hot air blower, pencil flame, as well as various sizes of soldering bits, been using that same soldering iron for 30+ years now, the hot air nozzle is great for heat-shrink tubing it uses a catalyst to burn the gas and produce the hot air rather than a direct flame.

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron