First off let me say I love the Sim and have the platinum edition upgrade and looking forward to the 2020 release. I also purchased Wings over the Reich to support the team although without time compression working yet in the sim I'm not playing it.

I started a few campaigns, always dying early in but now that I've been reading the forums and taking more of a "survive' mindset rather than rack up the kills approach I'm doing better---and it's the career and dynamic campaign I enjoy the most as I used to love in Red Baron, Knights in the sky, etc back in the day.
I love the options where you can be as casual or hardcore as you want. I keep flight model set to realistic but do up my guns to strong. I let auto pilot take me almost to the mission waypoint in time compression then take over - so those hour plus missions can be actually done in a third of the time.

My current campaign run I'm trying a two seater for the RAF in 1915 based 20 miles from the front lines flying the BEHD. I've done 10 missions and out of them all were recon except one, and not knowing what I was doing I missed my target. Afterwards I spotted 'Rob Wiggins (RJW)' Flying and fighting guide on the mod page so i think I can hit my target next time.

A couple questions I have are:
1. Is the A.I. gunner any good or should I use auto pilot and switch to gunner when the enemy attacks?
2. If I do hit my target on a bombing mission do I put a claim in as one does when shooting down an enemy plane.

Last edited by Mark 1956; 08/16/20 08:10 PM.

Mark Eubank