Originally Posted by Albert Tross
Originally Posted by Sailor_Steve
Well, that's a problem. In WW1 they didn't have 'shared' victories. If five planes participated in one shoot-down they were all awarded a full kill.

Quite right, which of course means that the total number of victories awarded bears no resemblance to the number of aircraft and balloons actually shot down.

Add to this the British adding 'Forced to Land' as confirmed victories until quite late on in the war, when in fact in most cases neither the aircraft or the pilot was out of the fight for more than a few days at most.

I agree with the point around WOFF giving the kill to whoever fired the last bullet to hit the target rather than the one who got 99% of the hits can be a bit annoying. This probably happened a lot though as it would have been difficult to ascertain that a target was 'just about to go down' following pilot 'A''s long burst, but then did go down following pilot 'B's couple of rounds.

In this instance awarding both a full victory would be fair and as Steve says, historically accurate.

Last time I saw, the plane was going down after my last round, but that of course doesn't mean I killed it. Anyway, I'd rather see the real thing then!