Some great pictures again Adger, the one of the balloon looks so realistic it could be out of a book. Looks like your card's definitely marked at that Jasta it seems mate.

Yes the Nieuport is a joy compared to the Morane. It's flimsy and you certainly don't want to do much diving in it but it's head and shoulders above anything else around at this time (late September 1915).

Some lovely (if quiet) missions until one I've only just finished. I spotted a pair of enemy aircraft far below me, they stood out clearly against the backdrop of forest.

I got behind and glided down making sure not to pick up too much speed.

I timed it right and dropped beneath and behind the two seater and sent him spiralling down in flames.

I then went back to our home airfield of Fontaine for champers and Chateaubriand bottles

Attached Files Nupe107.jpgNupe109.jpgNupe108.jpgNupe106.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."