Oh dear, Adger, so 'knägges' Udet had been nudging the turps and forgot what enemy aircraft looked like. bottles

It's strange how that happens with WOFF, enemy aircraft are high up above your airfield but unless you're assigned a scramble mission, you leave them alone. Of course you don't know what else is lurking up there to jump on you if you start to climb up but even so.... especially as it's your airfield they're pounding!

Well my jaunt with the Luftstreitkrafte in Jan 1916 ended with me getting jumped by Nieuports and one getting a lucky shot in which hit my controls and left me spinning down. Full right rudder and I thought I might just be able to land it, but the angle was too steep and into the ground we went.

I've started a new career and thought I'd try something very different, I've signed up with the US and flying for 103rd in Feb 1918. I'll post some pictures when I get some.

Must fly......... copter

Last edited by Albert Tross; 05/13/20 12:53 PM.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."