Some great pictures guys and well done Adger on you're confirmation and award. It must have been terrible to have seen something like that happen. I was only reading something like that last night regarding Kurt Wintgens and one of his kills and him seeing the burning aircraft falling past him and then the observer falling past him.....had he fell? Or had he jumped?

It was only a quick death when you hit the ground, the poor bugger had several seconds to contemplate it all first....doesn't bare thinking about does it eek2

I had a quiet mission this morning, nothing sighted except for the lovely sunbeams. I did have my kill confirmed (yes the one with the cows haha) so that's 7 I've got now and we're up to 16th Jan 1916.

Attached Files sUNNY.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."