Originally Posted by Redwolf
Originally Posted by JJJ65
IMPORTANT NOTICE for users of this mod - Global Layer mod by Xavier Jouve is fully incompatible with this mod because it overwrites all global layers and libraries. Never use both mods simultaneously!

? Elevation mod (*terrain mod*) or Landcover mod ? - was only planning using the elevation mod and not the others. Just looking for clarification of "Global Layer mod." Thanks.

The elevation/terrain mesh mods are essentially compatible with most other mods in WOFF. Also compatible is the water mod and landcover modification patch (ver. 1.032).

The one that is incompatible is the other one called "global layer" and that is at ver. 1.0 I think.

(I do have a further comment, however - if running the landcover modification patch (1.032), without the global layer modification - trench lines may begin to look "interesting," depending on what year of war you are flying in. Often, in 1915, with the landcover patch installed, but without the global layer - I see a mixed combination of green pastures, trenches, shell holes, etc., sometimes even a town or two located right next to the patch trench lines. Will disable Jara's historically populated airfields mod and will enable ver. 1.0 of the global layer - to see if the classic trench lines are then restored, but simply moved further west or east.)

EDIT: Have now test flown with both the global layer and land cover mods installed - trench lines move approx. 10 km to the west of where they usually are in WOFF, and the mixture of trench indentations and green meadows remains, as in my note above - more subtle to spot than the continuous/linked trench lines seen in stock WOTR. Looking forward to more developments with this.

Happy flying all,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 05/08/20 07:32 AM. Reason: Added info.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~