Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
Less than 12kly from Sag A now, so hopefully back to the bubble soon-ish. Then it's fitting the FDL and joining in the fun.

Rec I paused my current DCS run (Harrier not Hornet though) and got hooked back into ED. It seems after going hard core into those systems it's nice to fall back on something a little less...involve maybe?

You nailed it! Elite Dangerous was the comfortable old shoe I could step into any time for some fun. Gradually I did almost EVERYTHING, and started to go barefoot smile The Bug Hunting Novelty and the push for ELITE Combat rank has gotten me back into it...at least for awhile.

SPOILER: A little DCS ranting below.

As I mentioned in a thread in the DCS forum, I have had DCS World, Flaming Cliffs 3 and A-10C for a long time, but never really had any FUN. I had not climbed the steep A-10C learning curve. When the F/A-18C went on sale along with the SuperCarrier Work In Progress, I grabbed it. I was a big Janes F/A-18 fan, and was looking forward to trying the DCS Hornet. I diddled around with training missions and Videos and was pretty overwhelmed by it all. Eventually, though, I buckled down and I really love flying the F/A-18. Though I always thought of DCS as the APEX of realism, I am discovering disconcerting things. Switchology and systems seem to be modeled down to the slightest detail, but BOMBS don't seem to do the right damage...and looking into it, it seems this has been a long standing complaint. In that thread above, I got sort of shamed into going back to learn the A-10C, and I started this process, but felt my time was better spent really learning the F/A-18. Since it is on sale now, I do plan to pick up the Harrier and the Persian Gulf map as well. Seems like at least some of the systems I am learning in the F/A-18 like the Litening Pod will carry over somewhat but I am kind of dismayed that I can drop a Mark 83 within feet of a soft target and have barely any damage done, or drop a 500 lb JDAM right on top of a soft target and have it only damaged. Smaller AGM-65's seem to blow just about ANYTHING to bits...

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals