Yes Adger, I agree, annoying though the claim system might be at times, it's the only sim that even tries to replicate it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

With regards books, I've got Ace of the Black Cross by Udet. It's a good read, not only for his WW1 antics but his work in America stunting.

The fact he froze when faced with his first enemy in his sights is well known. Perhaps less well known is the fact he was once reprimanded for 'endangering one of the Kaiser's aircraft' due to him banking hard in a turn in a two seater. He was thrown in the klink for that one.

Whilst not written by a German pilot, any of Peter Kilduff's works are well worth a read. I've got 'Germanys First Air Force 1914/1918 which is fabulous.....and you can't beat Blue Max by Jack Hunter..... fiction but brilliant.

Lou, I agree with the screensavers idea, I use my shots for that already.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."