That's true Rec. Since hitting Deadly on March 1, I've averaged 30 kills per point. I prioritize Deadly and Elite ships, but I shoot what's in front of me.

With the scouts, it's about 17 to 1. So like you said when you factor in the travel it may be more or less a dead heat. Mats are better and money too when killing ships.

For me though I wanted to just do it. Like going to Colonia I wanted to experience it before it's all said and done. And I thought that once I hit combat Elite (if I do) that there would be even less compelling reason for me to go scout hunting. Having it be a solid rank booster is a bonus. And even though each kill is Elite, I'm still going from NHSS to NHSS for about 3 to 6 kills per instance, where in a RES or CNB it's just a parade. So yeah, if getting to Elite is the main goal I don't think you'll get there all that much faster scout hunting. But it's something to scratch off the bucket list and gives some Thargoid kills on Inara smile

Now, if this had been something I had mixed in to my rotation all along, it would have easily sent me to Elite by now.

I only ended up killing 60 or so scouts before heading back. That was 3.xx points of combat rank. I plan to build out my Diamondback Scout Hunter and do some more before I hit Elite.

And between you and me, I think the Thargoids will be back. Angrier than ever. And I want to be ready biggrin

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!