I had to start a new career as my RFC 60 squadron jaunt ended in a spiralling fall from several thousand feet and finally my Nieuport and I becoming forever entangled.

I've started another campaign now with 54 Squadron (a popular choice on here looking at other people's posts) flying Pups. I'm doing well and into February 1917, and what I thought would be a routine take off from Chipilly airfield. It was routine until I saw half the bloomin' Luftstreitkrafte coming towards me!!! (Slight exaggeration but you get my drift).

I had no option but to engage them with my flight and what ensued was the most amazing dogfight I've ever had in 30 years of playing flight sims.... absolutely brilliant....

I managed to bag two of the Albatros scouts (although it remains to see if I get credit for both banghead )

This sim has just paid for itself with that jaunt! winner

Thanks

Albie

Attached Files TallyHo.jpgFlamingAlb1.jpgFlamingAlb2-1.jpg
Last edited by Albert Tross; 04/20/20 03:53 PM.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."