Just had a different kinda "senior" moment in college.

I am only taking online classes right now and I am just starting an 8 wk mini-semester in a class, we had to to a little introduction post about ourselves.

Near the end of mine I said "Me? I am an older guy who went back to college after beating Cancer at age 65. It certainly has been a challenge but I am hanging on to that 3.0+ GPA. All online classes as I live in..."

old_simmer

Gotta a couple nice replies and this AM I saw this one:
Good for you, I'm a digital native , so don't hesitate to say hello and get some pointers.

I actually hadn't heard of a "digital native" before, so I had to follow the link he left to see. LOL

Here's my reply:
Thanks so much for your offer Tony. I bought one of the first 1,000 or so Apple II's around 1980 and haven't looked back since. I built my first Windows box in the mid nineties (am typing this on #7, with #8 coming this summer or fall), have never run an anti-virus and only had one once (dumb mistake). If you could check you'd see my current IP address is somewhere in Romania (although I am physically in Inverness, FL). I own an iPhone and iPad and know how to use them. I must admit this is the first I have heard of a "digital native". Catchy name.

I guess that makes me a digital alien.

Best of luck in this course sir.

Kids...

edit: Oh, the class is an advanced Excel spreadsheet class. Challenging for sure, but I actually enjoy it...sick I know.

I bet I kick his digital native butt!

Last edited by Nixer; 03/21/20 02:04 PM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum