Greetings All,

Yesterday, while getting things ready for Captain Swanson's move with 66 Squadron across the Channel and on down to Vert Galant, I thought I should take a quick look-see at the stock WOFF offering of this historic aerodrome. While the basic bones of the place are there it was not straddling the Doullens/Amiens Road but sat instead about a thousand yards east of it. Also, the famed Vert Galant Farm was nowhere to be seen, nor was the tiny hamlet of Le Rosel that nestled at the far end of the east field. And where was the apple orchard mentioned by Sir Gordon Taylor in his book "Sopwith Scout 7309"? GASP! How could such gross oversights happen?! A travesty if ever there was one!

[Linked Image]

I kid of course. The WOFF devs do a fantastic job and we can hardly expect them to accurately recreate each and every famous landmark in our much-beloved sim. That's what whack-a-doodle fanboys like me are for, right? biggrin
So I got to work yesterday and slap-dashed together a slightly more accurate rendering for Swany and the rest of the lads of 66 to call home for Bloody April and beyond.

(right-click on image and open in new window to view it full size)
[Linked Image]

I'll knock out the winter tiles for it before my man gets there so things will look as they should. I must say, this was one of the easiest aerodrome mods I've ever had to contend with, (and there was much rejoicing).

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"