I recently got into astronomy and with it, doing all the learning on the subject, aswell as with scopes and gear, bought my first achromat refractor scope last month. It really fascinates me smile2

Which brings me to this post and the talk lately that Betelgeuse might go supernova. Betelgeuse is the brightest star of the Orion constellation, forming Orion´s shoulder and part of the winter triangle, or winter hexagon (Betelgeuse, Sirius and Procyon). All three from three different constellations, Betelgeuse in Orion, Sirius in Canis Mayor, and Procyon in Canis Minor.

Betelgeuse is a reddish-orange supergiant around 1400 times larger then the mass of our sun, and the 9th brightest star. It´s 650 light years from earth.

A explanation of why it might not go supernova as some say, or wish to...

Anyhow, thought it might be of interest to some here.

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.