Originally Posted by dawnpatrol
I am on my third Career in a BE2 and i have notced it's dangerous engine. Alittle TOO dangerous i should think. In almost half sorties someone in the flight aborts or burns to death and my first 2 careers ended in engine fires. Comparing this with historical data it feels way too deadly in WOFF. I agree engine fires were there, but not this much. If so, the plae would have been removed from service immediately.

So i wonder, is there any mod that reduces (not removing) engine failure risk or atleast the engine fire risk? Is there anyway to survive a spontaneous engine fire by any means? I cannot kill the engine, just set it to idle. As of now, there is really no point of flying BE2 careers, since the life expency is max 20 sorties not counting enemy AA or planes..

3 careers, 2 kia due to engine fires, 3rd alive but after 5 missions i have made 2 emergency landings with engine failure and systems failure.

Is there a datasheet with percentage values per planes of engine fail risks?

I recommend making a copy of the stock simulation.xml file available in the main WOFF OBD folder - and then tweaking the following section of a "modded" simulation.xml file that you will only use when flying Be.2 careers ----->

<Failure weight="1.0" masterdisable="n">
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="90" damageAmount_pct="31" dump="y"/>
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="120" damageAmount_pct="70" dump="y"/>
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="160" damageAmount_pct="5" frequency_secs="111" dump="y"/>
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="200" damageAmount_pct="9" frequency_secs="35" dump="y"/>

Possibly increase average hrs. between random failures, and also reduce the damage pts., something like ----->

<Failure weight="1.0" masterdisable="n">
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="150" damageAmount_pct="21" dump="y"/>
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="190" damageAmount_pct="55" dump="y"/>
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="220" damageAmount_pct="3" frequency_secs="80" dump="y"/>
<FailureRule SystemID="engine_one" average_hrs="270" damageAmount_pct="6" frequency_secs="25" dump="y"/>

Hope that helps and let us know the results if possible.

Von S smile

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~